A startup competition to celebrate innovators & small businesses working towards a healthier future.
Brought to you by the TechUnited:BetterWellness program founding sponsor, RWJBarnabas Health
$25,000 Grand Prize 2x
Fast-Tracked Corporate Access
- Solution can be applied to either Challenge Statement
- Equitable adoption or implementation of the solution is possible from inception
- Implementation of the solution in healthcare settings provides an opportunity for workforce development or training
- Solutions can include software, hardware, or a combination of the two.
- Company is generating $2M or less, annually.
- Company is based in the US.
- Preference given to:
- Companies based in New Jersey
- Solutions that will create new jobs in New Jersey
- How can your solution be scaled to effectively treat thousands or millions?
- How did technology play a role in the development of your solution?
- How did this solution use data to optimize its efficacy?
- $25,000 for one US-based startup
- $25,000 for one Rutgers-based startup (one member of company must hold an undergraduate or graduate degree from Rutgers University)
Challenge Statements | Are you working to:
Address & Improve Social Determinants Of Health
This solution addresses social determinants of health, including substandard housing, food quality and food access, & unemployment.
Improve Clinical Cancer Treatment
This solution accelerates and/or supports the treatment or detection of cancer, utilizing innovative methods such as genomics, AI/ML, & data analysis.
About the BetterWellness Challenge
Are you creating a healthier future?
Together with RWJBarnabas, the TechUnited:BetterWellness program presents the BetterWellness Challenge, promoting a healthier future for New Jersey, propelled by technology & innovation. Applications will close August 27, 2021.
Startups working on innovative solutions to improve our community’s wellness are invited to apply.
Our wellness depends on 10% genetics, 30% clinical measures, and 60% social determinants. We need innovation to improve our health, wellness, and ultimately, happiness. Apply today and let’s propel your solution.
If your company wants to join the TechUnited:BetterWellness program to propel innovation in NJ, be in touch.
Submit your application
Semi-Finalists Match With Executive Mentors & are reviewed for corporate opportunities.
Top Four Semi-Finalists are chosen after review by Judges to pitch at Propelify.
Two $25,000 prizes are awarded at Propelify, October 6, 2021.
Submit your application
Semi-finalists match with exclusive mentors.
Two $25,000 prizes are awarded at Propelify, October 6-7, 2021.
What is the TechUnited:BetterWellness Program?
The TechUnited:BetterWellness program is a corporate alliance committed to fast-track innovation, ignite collaboration, and propel the future of health & life sciences.
Program members benefit from:
- Exposure and recognition as a tech leader
- Access to early stage startups & innovation
- Integration into the full suite of experiences that the TechUnited products for members & the larger NJ business community
The BetterWellness program focuses on supporting the innovation community through:
- Corporate pilots & partnerships
- Educational forums
- Networking events
- Impact challenges & innovation programs